Monday, August 20, 2012


Php 3:1  "Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you." 

As I think about the most important message I can leave you with it is to rejoice in The LORD. He is Absolute Love, the giver of life, He sustains and strengthens. To focus on Jesus Christ is to find meaning and joy in all things. He is Yahweh. I know I keep telling you this but your safe arrival in the Kingdom depends upon finding your joy in the Lord. 

Now watch out for those who put their trust in rules and ritual, for those who are truly in the family; the children of God are those who have no reliance on what they can do to earn God's favor. The family member is the one who is full of awe and love for giving glory only to Jesus Christ. The Spirit of the living God has invaded their hearts and and it is Him that they have faith in and serve. Watch out also for those who deny God and those who are enemies of God rebelling against His laws. 

Php 3:2, 3  "Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh. For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh-- "

You know I did everything I could in the eyes of religion to have confidence that God would acknowledge that I merited His favor. Anyone that thinks they are better at religion keeping they are far behind me. I followed all the rituals to the minute detail, I had the pedigree and the place. I followed all the rules and went beyond all the requirements. I had the passion to go after what I thought would get God to accept me. 

Php 3:4-6  "though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless." 

All of that desire and effort was worthless in God's eyes. It didn't gain me anything with God, it only impressed other religious people. I forsook all of that for the sake of Jesus Christ. Isa Al Masih, Yeshua Messiah. He is Yahweh. 

Php 3:7  "But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ." 

In fact I count everything in this world that people pursue as desirable, because there is nothing more desirable than knowing Christ Jesus. He is the LORD and King of the Universe. For His sake I gave up everything and count it all as worthless, it only kept me from the pouring all my heart out to coming to Christ. I knew that after all I did to so my worth to God it was all worthless. You cannot find God in doing things to earn His favor, you only find God through grace by faith in the righteous of God's only begotten Son Jesus Christ, this faith is evidence that His righteousness has been placed upon you and you are now adopted into the family of God. 

Php 3:8, 9  "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith--" 

I want to become more and more a part of God's family, I want to know more of Jesus Christ, so I can become more like Him and have a complete sense of His power that was imparted to me through His being raised from the dead. I want to know more about suffering in my flesh to the point of dying to myself. I want to be found in Him so that I also am raised from the dead to life. 
I know that I have a long way to go. I am in no way perfect and my journey is not complete. I keep going for this one reason, because Christ Jesus has made me a part of His family, He is continuing to give me the power to become like Him. 

Php 3:10-12  "that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,  that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own."

No comments:

Post a Comment