Tuesday, August 14, 2012


Php 1:14, 15  "And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will." 

On the most part there has been a new boldness in others to share the love of God and the sacrifice that Jesus has made for the salvation of all who would accept Him. Some are emboldened because they were envious of my influence in the churches and my call from God as a messenger. Most however are emboldened by the good that has come from my imprisonment. These people are family related in love by our mutual relationship to Jesus Christ. 

Php 1:16, 17  "The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former proclaim Christ out of rivalry, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment." 

It doesn't matter what the motivation for this increase in sharing the good news of salvation in God's Son, Jesus Christ, alone. It is only important that this good news is proclaimed, for the Spirit of love is the one that brings the increase and God alone will get the glory. I am so glad in it either way. 
Here is why it makes me laugh and sing, I know that in all the prayers being prayed to God and the presence of God's Spirit by he power of Christ Jesus I will be delivered. I will either be released from these prison bars or released from this mortal body to be raised to newness of life. So whether I live or die I will be free in Christ. 

Php 1:18-20  "What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death." 

This is the most important thing to me to become conformed to Jesus Christ in Love. So if by the Spirit He teaches me more and more about being humbly changed into His likeness or in death I fully gain my full makeover o His image one is fantastic and the other is even greater. 

Php 1:21  "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." 


1Jn 3:2, 3  "Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.


I could not choose the better tomorrow for staying here means more fruit and dying is to be in Christs presence. For the sake of serving Christ by serving you that is what God has given to me as a service to complete. So I know Jesus will want me to remain here for your sake, to help you grow more and more in joy and faith. 

Php 1:22 - 26 "If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell.  I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.  But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith, so that in me you may have ample cause to glory in Christ Jesus, because of my coming to you again." 

Only for you whether I come or not keep demonstrating the worth of God and the great priceless treasure of sharing the good news of the salvation Christ has purchased. I want to continue to hear of your faith and fearlessness. 
This will show those who oppose you that they are headed in the wrong direction, they will not succeed in their way of mocking God, but you will be winning your salvation, because it is all from God whom you trust in and serve. He has granted you this service and it is a gift that you are given to suffer for His sake. This is a conflict that you were set apart to conquer and be the victorious ones, as Christ was victorious in suffering and death. 

Php 1:27 -30  "Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel,  and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God. For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have." 

So in the midst of this struggle and strife if you find encouragement in what Christ suffered, you are comforted by the Spirit of Christ pouring out love in your heart, you fund fellowship with God through His Spirit. Your affections are moved to care for and identify with the lost, complete my happiness by coming together as one heart, in full agreement, walking together in harmony towards completion in Christ. 

Php 2:1,2  "So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,  complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment