Friday, August 17, 2012


Php 2:14- 16  "Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain." 

When you are asked to do something and God is leading you through a difficult path, show your true colors as a child of God. Walk through the difficulties without grumbling or whining. Everyone around you is walking aimlessly and all confused about who God is and what a difference a relationship with God would look like. Shine the light of love in their eyes, hold out to them the Word of God that gives life and hope. There is a time when Christ returns that you will be so happy knowing that bearing up in times of distress will be shown to have been a great return of love for your patient endurance.

As for myself and my difficult circumstance, even if I pour all that I have and am spent and in the grace of God's immeasurable power I exhaust myself, I will be so happy and filled with joy that I could make this sacrifice of faith. I want you to be happy also that I was able to completely and obediently follow Jesus Christ into giving my all for you.

Php 2:17, 18  "Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.  Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me." 

Don't forget I am not alone, faithful Timothy is here, I want to send him to you so that I can get back word of your love and faith. 

Php 2:19 - 24  "I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I too may be cheered by news of you.  For I have no one like him, who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare. For they all seek their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know Timothy's proven worth, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel.  I hope therefore to send him just as soon as I see how it will go with me, and I trust in the Lord that shortly I myself will come also." 

I know you were praying for us especially for Epaphroditus who was very sick. God in His mercy healed him and God saw fit to heal me also. I will send Him to you also that you might have a great time of fellowship together and that my anxiousness to hear of you will be settled. 

Php 2:25-28  "I have thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, and your messenger and minister to my need, for he has been longing for you all and has been distressed because you heard that he was ill.  Indeed he was ill, near to death. But God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. I am the more eager to send him, therefore, that you may rejoice at seeing him again, and that I may be less anxious." 

No comments:

Post a Comment