Tuesday, October 30, 2012



Joh 10:7 - 10 "So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." 

Jesus kept trying to say in as many ways as He had opportunity; "I Am". "I Am Yahweh." I Am the entrance to the presence of God" I Am the way to find sustenance, life, peace and joy." "I have come to give everlasting life." 
"The thief is the one who kills, destroys and steals." 

"I Am the good leader, follow Me." 

"I Am the Son, the owner." "I know who belongs to Me, and I lay down My life for My own people, like a shepherd puts His life on the line for the sheep." " There are pretenders who only care about their own safety and preservation." "They abandon the care of the sheep when they are threatened." 

Joh 10:11 - 15 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep." 

Jesus continued; "I have children that are My brothers and sisters, they are children of God, but they are not children born to this country or race." "I have to bring all of God's children into the fold of God's love." God is Absolute Love. "God the Father loves the that 'I Am' is about the gathering of God's children and giving them life, love and forgiveness." "The Father Loves the Sacrificial Love that 'I Am' provides, giving My life as  a offering to The Father and taking it back up again to be with The Father eternal." " "I do this completely out of My sovereign grace." "No one can take My life from Me, 'I Am' life eternal." " 'I Am' the highest authority, this is given Me by The Father."   

Joh 10:16 - 18 "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father." 

This discourse by Jesus completely split the religious leaders apart. Some argued, Jesus is insane or possessed by an evil spirit.  Other said, the things Jesus says are measured and coherent and He heals people from disease. What Jesus says and does are not in line with what happens when a person is demon possessed. He doesn't act or speak like He is insane. 

Joh 10:19 - 21 "There was again a division among the Jews because of these words. Many of them said, "He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?  Others said, "These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?" 

"This confrontation with the religious leaders took place during the feast of dedication, right in the Temple, in a large courtyard. The religious leaders tried to corner Him saying; "Tells us in plain talk, are you the Messiah?" "Don't keep talking in riddles and metaphor." "Give it to us in plain talk." 

Jesus said directly, " I have told you many times, but you don't want to believe in Me." " I do everything in God the Father's Name. " "You don't believe because you don't belong to My flock." "You are not children of God." 

Joh 10:22 -26 "At that time the Feast of Dedication took place at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the colonnade of Solomon.  So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.  Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not part of my flock." 

Jesus went on; "My flock, children of God hear and listen to Me." "They follow Me into the presence of the Father and I give them he position of brothers and sisters for all eternity." "The children of God will never perish and no one will take them out of God's family." 

It was so clear that the Jews claimed that Jesus blasphemed, they wanted to stone Him to death. There was no mistaking that He claimed the authority of God. Jesus left no room to the option of His authority. He was Yahweh. 

Joh 10:27 - 31 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one. The Jews picked up stones again to stone him." 

No comments:

Post a Comment