Thursday, October 25, 2012



2Ti 3:1-5  "But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,  heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people." 

I am sorry I had to miss my blog post on Johns Gospel yesterday. I hope you maybe took the chance to read Tuesday's post again. 
I was away on a business trip and working on my computer in my hotel room. It was on a connection reserved for hotel guests only to connect their computers. 
While on my computer, beginning to write my blog, I noticed that a device was trying to download a driver for an outside mass storage device. 
I shut down immediately before it could connect. 
The next day in the same hotel where meetings were being held. I looked and deleted a device driver that didn't belong. I disabled my bluetooth. Then I was on a secure network reserved for conference attendees.
 A bit later it began again someone trying to download a remote storage device driver to my computer. 
I shut down and did not use my computer the rest of the trip. 

It is a good reminder of two truths.

1. People do selfish, deceitful and unloving things. Harmful things. We are sinful and need the grace of a loving God to defeat sin in our hearts. Why is there so much pain in this world it is us not God who inflicts the pain. We are responsible.

2. In these last days we have a savior, who is active to seek and to save. He is Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God. He is creator of the universe and holds all things together by His glorious might. He reigns over all but His reach touches and changes the sinful hearts of those who put their faith in His amazingly gracious gift of taking on our punishment. He is Yahweh. He is Absolute Love. 
To Him belong Glory and honor and praise. Through Him we can have a thankful and open heart of forgiveness , peace, hope, faith and love. 

Heb 1:1-13  "Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,  but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son, today I have begotten you"? Or again, "I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son"? And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."  Of the angels he says, "He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire. But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.  You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions. And, "You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;  they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment,  like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.  And to which of the angels has he ever said, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet"?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment