Tuesday, November 27, 2012


Joh 17:7 - 18:1 "Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. When Jesus had spoken these words, he went out with his disciples across the brook Kidron, where there was a garden, which he and his disciples entered."

Jesus had given to the disciples the totality of God's love. All that they needed to believe and follow was theirs. They were full of the knowledge of God and the grace of receiving faith. 

Now Jesus Himself being ONE with the Father needed time alone with His Father to prepare for the most difficult task- receiving the Fathers wrath for the sins of the world. 

Judas the betrayer came to the garden for he knew that Jesus often withdrew there with His followers in order to be alone with them and with The Father. He had gathered the gang of unlikely allies. Soldiers, temple guards, officers of the temple courts and the religious elite. They all felt threatened by Jesus power and the crowds who followed after Jesus. They had torches and weapons and displayed their fear of Jesus. 

No weapons would be of use against Jesus for He was the sovereign Lord of all creation. What a laughable and pitiable gang of thugs and law breakers. 

Jesus knew this would all happen in this way. He stepped forward and said; "Who are you looking for?"

Joh 18:2 - 4 "Now Judas, who betrayed him, also knew the place, for Jesus often met there with his disciples.  So Judas, having procured a band of soldiers and some officers from the chief priests and the Pharisees, went there with lanterns and torches and weapons.  Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, "Whom do you seek?"

They said; "The man Jesus of Nazareth, son of Joseph and Mary." Jesus said; I AM, I AM Yahwh, I AM Yeshua Messiah, Isa Al Masih, I Am the Christ." 

They fell back frightened and startled! They fell to the ground at His presence and power, the Word of God speaking with commanding authority. 

Joh 18:5, 6  "They answered him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am he." Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them. When Jesus said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground." 

They lay on the ground. Jesus spoke forcefully; "Who are you looking for?" They said fearfully, "Jesus of Nazareth."  "I told you already many times, I AM!;" Jesus exclaimed." "If you want Me here I AM, let these other men go!" 

Joh 18:7, 8  "So he asked them again, "Whom do you seek?" And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus answered, "I told you that I am he. So, if you seek me, let these men go."

Jesus fulfilled all that was prophesied concerning the Messiah. "He would keep all of the followers for the purpose God had intended. 

Joh 18:9  "This was to fulfill the word that he had spoken: "Of those whom you gave me I have lost not one."

Peter boldly drew his sword and struck the servant of the highest religious leader cutting off His right ear. Jesus stopped the violence right away healing the ear of the servant. Jesus told His followers, "This is the will of the Father and I will take it as I Love the Father." "I AM Absolute Love." 

The mob of law breakers were still so afraid that they bound Jesus hands. How pathetic and unimaginble. To think that you could bind the Sovereign God.

Joh 18:10 - 12 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.) So Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?" So the band of soldiers and their captain and the officers of the Jews arrested Jesus and bound him." 


Mat 26:51 - 53 "And behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword and struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword.  Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?"


Luk 22:49 - 53 "And when those who were around him saw what would follow, they said, "Lord, shall we strike with the sword?"And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear.  But Jesus said, "No more of this!" And he touched his ear and healed him. Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders, who had come out against him, "Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs?  When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness."



No comments:

Post a Comment