Monday, November 12, 2012


Joh 13:34, 35  "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.  By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

The revelation of God's standards after the incarnation are not different in the grace given that imparts ability to follow the standards, all ability to follow God is grace and gift. The change is in the greater degree of obedience to command that is placed on the believer after Jesus Christ has been revealed. 


Mat 22:36 - 40  "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law? And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."



Instead of "Loving Neighbor as Yourself" the command is "Loving as Jesus Christ Loved Us, We are to also Love One Another." This is Absolute Love. Our love for self is not the yard stick or measuring rod, Christs love for us is the standard to be measured in our lives.
This now the measuring stick that other people will judge to know if we are followers of Jesus. 

Simon Peter, the natural leader of the close followers said' "Where are you going to go when you go away?"  
Jesus said; "You can't come with Me now, but after I Am there you will continue to follow Me." "You will be with Me there after a while."

Joh 13:36  "Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow me now, but you will follow afterward."

"Why can't I follow now"; Peter protested! "I would give up my life to continue to be with you."

Joh 13:37  "Peter said to him, "Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you." 

"Would you give up your life," Jesus questioned." "I want you to understand that you will deny knowing Me before the rooster cries three times tomorrow morning."
" Don't let it bother you afterwards though, you have a strong belief in The Father and in Me." "I won't leave you empty handed or feeling homeless, like you don't belong." "I will e going away when I leave in order to build a place where you belong with Me." I will come back to get you and take you to where I Am." "You already know where I Am going for you long for that place to be with Me forever." 

Joh 13:38 - 14:4 "Jesus answered, "Will you lay down your life for me? Truly, truly, I say to you, the rooster will not crow till you have denied me three times. "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going."


Thomas also wanted to know; "How do we know where you are going, and how to get there?" 
Jesus said: "You know Me and I Am the way into the presence of The Father, I Am the Truth of God's Love, I Am the One who gives and sustains life eternal." "You will find your way into the presence of My Father through Me." "I will bring you there." 

Joh 14:5,6  "Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way? Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."


No comments:

Post a Comment