Friday, November 9, 2012


Joh 13:18, 19  "I am not speaking of all of you; I know whom I have chosen. But the Scripture will be fulfilled, 'He who ate my bread has lifted his heel against me.  I am telling you this now, before it takes place, that when it does take place you may believe that I am he."

What would it be like? Having God say; "I Am not talking to all of you." Though not popular, it is what Scripture says, God is sovereign in His choice." Jesus is Yahweh.


Exo 33:17 - 19 "And the LORD said to Moses, "This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.  Moses said, "Please show me your glory. And he said, "I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name 'The LORD.' And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy."

The very Glory of God is His sovereign choice to be merciful and gracious, forgiving thousands, yet no one can force His hand or win His favor, He gives it freely. 

The things that God does, even allowing evil to come in is in His purpose and by His plan. It is fulfillment. All a means for the chosen to believe in Him. 

Even now receiving the Word through those God has chosen to be images of His Glory and reflections of His grace, means receiving Jesus Christ. 

Jesus said; "This is the truth I know one of you here will betray Me." 


Joh 13:20 - 22 "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me. After saying these things, Jesus was troubled in his spirit, and testified, "Truly, truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me. The disciples looked at one another, uncertain of whom he spoke."

Of course the followers of Jesus didn't understand what He was talking about. They were very curious some of Simon the natural leader asked the most trusted and closest of them to Jesus; "Whisper to The Lord- Who is it He is talking about."
Jesus said; "I will serve the bread." Then Jesus gave a morsel of bread to Judas. This was an act of giving permission for Satan to put evil into the heart of Judas.
Jesus told Judas; "What you plan, do it right now."

Joh 13:23 - 27 "One of his disciples, whom Jesus loved, was reclining at table close to Jesus, so Simon Peter motioned to him to ask Jesus of whom he was speaking. So that disciple, leaning back against Jesus, said to him, "Lord, who is it? Jesus answered, "It is he to whom I will give this morsel of bread when I have dipped it." So when he had dipped the morsel, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. Then after he had taken the morsel, Satan entered into him. Jesus said to him, "What you are going to do, do quickly."

They all heard Jesus talk like this to Judas, but hey thought Jesus was sending Judas out to buy food for the next days feast or maybe to get something to give to the poor. Judas was the treasurer of the group He took care of the money.
It was night and Judas left immediately.

Joh 13:28 - 30 "Now no one at the table knew why he said this to him. Some thought that, because Judas had the moneybag, Jesus was telling him, "Buy what we need for the feast," or that he should give something to the poor. So, after receiving the morsel of bread, he immediately went out. And it was night."

Jesus now could say what He wanted to all the followers, the chosen of God in the room. "This is going to be the time when I Am glorified as 'The Son of Man' spoken of in Daniel." Jesus said; "I will be glorified and Father God will be Glorified in Me."

Joh 13:31, 32  "When he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and glorify him at once."

Jesus spoke very lovingly and tenderly; "My little children, I Am only with you a little while longer." " You will want to follow Me to where I go, but you cannot come there yet. "

Joh 13:33  "Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, 'Where I am going you cannot come."

He went on; " This is what I want you to do when I leave; love one another in the same way I have loved you." "This is a new commandment." "Living in Absolute Love is the sign to others that you belong to Me."
"I Am Absolute Love." 

Joh 13:34, 35  "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

No comments:

Post a Comment