Thursday, November 15, 2012


Joh 15:1, 2  "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.  Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit." 

Attached to the vine. Life, vitality, growth, sustenance! Detached from the vine shriveled, wilted, dying!

The Son is the giver of life- The Father provide the outgrowth of the Son's reach into our lives, into the universe. Fruitfulness, abundance, lacking nothing, providing all things. 

In His speaking we are cleansed. Listen, hear, obey!

Joh 15:3  "Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you." 

To be the abode of Christs life. Indwelt by The Spirit of God. Infused with His love. He is Absolute Love.

Joh 15:4 - 7 "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.  I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." 

The glory of almighty God is manifest in our lives becoming a reflection of Christ-likeness. Abide- Abide- Abide in His Love. 

Joh 15:8, 9  "By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love." 

Keeping commands is a grace, all gift. Justice and mercy stand side by side in the character of God. Obedience and grace undivided two parts of the eternal gift. "The obedience of Faith." in Paul's Words!


Rom_1:5  "through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations," 
Rom_16:26  "but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith-- "



Joh 15:10  "If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love." 

Obeidience is not drudgery in the economy of God. Obedience is gift and grace, fullness of joy. 

Joh 15:11  "These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full." 

Mat_11:29, 30  "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 

We all are servants of someone and given to serve something!

No comments:

Post a Comment