Wednesday, November 14, 2012


Joh 14:22  "Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, "Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?" 

"As followers of Jesus it sometimes seems difficult to understand. We want to see Jesus. He manifests Himself to us in different ways than others see Him. We need to have spiritual eyes, spiritually tuned senses. 

Jesus reveals Himself to those who have a love for Him and His presence. Loving Jesus is following after Him, obeying Him. Father God loves us as we reflect the obedience of His Son. 

Joh 14:23, 24  "Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me."

We must receive help in obeying, in loving Jesus. The Helper is given. Gift of grace, sent by the Father in the name of Jesus Christ. Three in One- the One indwelling and teaching. Causing a focused remembrance of what it is to reflect the love of Christ. He is Absolute Love.

Joh 14:25  "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."

Jesus providing peace with God in the living presence of the Spirit of God. Unexplained peace, impossible peace- without this peace given fear and anxiety over come and incapacitate. Loss of Faith, loss of Hope, Loss of relational integrity. 

Joh 14:27  "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

Knowing that Jesus is working for us, in the presence of The Father, causes rejoicing and rejoicing causes activity, celebration, sharing and giving of self. 
Jesus wants us to be full of faith believing in the greatness of the Father. He is over all. There is no greater gift than to know God. Knowing God is eternal life. 

Joh 14:28, 29  "You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe."

The ruler of earth set up by our sin toward God and unbelief in God is coming to claim what we have given Him. His place as ruler of our world. Satan has no authority or claim on the life of Jesus, Jesus never gave Satan an inch, He was completely without sin or unbelief. 
Jesus didn't have to lay down His life, but out of obedience and love to Father God, He would give Himself up. An eternal substitute for our eternal guilt and the claim of death that sin held over our heads. 
It was in God's time and under God's terms freely given, not taken. 
It was time to go and prepare for the ultimate sacrifice. 

Joh 14:30, 31  "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here."

No comments:

Post a Comment