Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Love is, Therefore Love Exists

Exo 3:14 "God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Exo 34:5-7 "The LORD descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty,"

What an amazing story of God's grace and mercy in Exodus chapters 32-34. Moses is up on the mountain communing and worshipping God, receiving the way of the Lord for the people to receive blessing.
The people turn to the vile ways of the gods of the Egyptians. It is incredible that we have such lack of loyalty, appreciation and gratitude to God for His love and deliverance. Daily Absolute Love pours out grace upon grace and we spurn His Love.
God is Jealous for His purity and the purity of His followers. Absolute Love tells Moses He will destroy the Israelites the slaves He has delivered from Eqypt then and there.
Whether it was a test for Moses or that God would carry His plan out even through this I do not know. I do not doubt that He could fulfill His promise anyway.

Luk 3:8 "Bear fruits in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham."

Yet, Moses prays for the deliverance of the people in the midst of their sinful tirade and Absolute Love says; "I will  do as you ask I will forgive, I will not destroy the people.
Moses is so astonished He asks to really know God, what is His glory?

His glory is His overflowing, abounding, steadfast and indescribable love. Lovingkindness, mercy, grace and faithfulness overflow from Him in an unmeasurable flow.

How long will you disregard, deny or disrespect the Absolute Love? Absolute Love will not let the guilty go unpunished. Absolute Love is purity and a love of justice. Come to Him and you will find the cleansing of that guilt. Guilt free living is truly living free, living in love.

Exo 33:18,19 "Moses said, "Please show me your glory." And he said, "I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name 'The LORD.' And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy."

Only one place to come for that merciful grace, Absolute Love is the only way and He alone can give it.


No comments:

Post a Comment