Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Love is, Therefore Love Exists

Exo 3:14 "God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Exo 22:21 "You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry, and my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless. "If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not exact interest from him. If ever you take your neighbor's cloak in pledge, you shall return it to him before the sun goes down, for that is his only covering, and it is his cloak for his body; in what else shall he sleep? And if he cries to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate."

Compassion for those in need, those who are defenseless, those without means to meet basic needs, the cold, hungry, naked and weary. This is the way of Absolute Love, to love those who cannot give back or repay. Absolute Love is overflowing with compassion. This is the way you image forth the love of God.It is easy to love, to heap grace upon someone who has a reciprocal benefit to give. God has no need, He is absolutely overflowing with power, purpose and love. Let that overflow from you to others in need, this is fulfillment of the will of God.

Rom 11:33-12:1 "Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!  "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?" "Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship."

Jas 1:26,27 "If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."

Absolute Love overflows with compassion toward those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment