Friday, December 16, 2011

#Advent #endtimes

Children are the heart of Christmas, the birth of a child a celebration. The birth of The Child, The Absolute love in flesh come as a child.
Christmas is special because it takes even adults back to the joy and wonder of childhood. Gifts, sharing, discovery and excitement.
Why did the God of the universe use this way as a means to come among us, to us? What a simple mystery, yet understandable.

Isa 11:6-9 "The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea."

My prayer is to learn to be childlike and that you would learn again the wonder and mystery, acceptance and faith of a child's heart. He is coming again!

Mat 18:1-10 "At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. "Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire. "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven."

CHRIST CHILD LULLABY

My love, my pride, my treasure oh

My wonder new and pleasure oh

My son, my beauty, ever You

Who am I to bear You here?

The cause of talk and tale am I

The cause of greatest fame am I

The cause of
proudest care on high

To have for mine, the King of all


And though You are the King of all

They sent You to the manger stall

Where at Your feet they all shall fall

And glorify my child, the King


There shone a star above three kings

To guide them to the King of kings

They held You in their humble arms

And knelt before You until dawn


They gave You myrrh and gave You gold

Drank incense and gifts untold

They traveled far these gifts to bring

And glorify their new born King

An ancient Celtic Christmas Carol
It turns out there are many versions of the lyrics as it was translated from Gaelic.
Below sung by Kathy Mattea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T6CRmQuJ04

No comments:

Post a Comment