Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#Revelation #EndTimes 

Rev 1:12 "Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades."

"Even Jesus' sermons of woe and judgment are intended to save people. This does not mean that his wrath is less than real or that his warnings about hell are not to be taken seriously (Mark 3:5; 9:42ff; Matt. 23; Luke 16:19ff; John 5:28-29). But it does mean that he preaches thus in order to rescue people, to warn them, and to call them to repentance. Even when at his most emphatic in preaching judgment, he is still the Savior of the world. His wrath and judgment are in fact expressions of his love and mercy." Adrio Konig
The Eclipse of Christ in Eschatology: Towards a Christ-Centered Approach P. 49 Wm. B Eerdmans Publishing 1989

Who else would you want to hold the keys? He is Absolute Love, come to Him and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment