Wednesday, September 28, 2011

#DGNC

Impressions from the Desiring God National Conference.


Louie Giglio- "We are not at our leisure, we are under a mandate to become the amplifier of the Love of God and the Grace of Jesus."
Psa 40:3 "He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD."

David Platt- "The Glory of God among the nations is not why we have conferences. The Glory of God among the nations is why we have breath!"
Psa 150:6 "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!"

David Ramsden- God is being lifted up in places, among persons and groups we would never think or imagine! Holy God- Dangerous God- Triumphant God
Are we hesitant to go because of uncertainty? Is the answer not coming because of how you are asking?
Questions of cynicism and skepticism? -Luk 1:18,19 "And Zechariah said to the angel, "How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is advanced in years."
And the angel answered him, "I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I was sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news."
Or Questions of doubt and confusion?- Luk 1:30-35 "And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end." And Mary said to the angel, "How will this be, since I am a virgin?" And the angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy--the Son of God."

Michael Oh- Have we put the provision in first place above the purpose?
Mat 6:9-15 "Pray then like this: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Ed Stetzer- Missional Living to be Missions Minded with the Gospel Message through the Spirit's empowerment.
Psa 57:5-11"Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth! They set a net for my steps; my soul was bowed down. They dug a pit in my way, but they have fallen into it themselves. Selah! My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast! I will sing and make melody! Awake, my glory! Awake, O harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn! I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations. For your steadfast love is great to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth! "

Joh 10:16 "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd"

Rev 5:9-12 "And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth."Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!"


Absolute Love never fails!


No comments:

Post a Comment