Monday, August 1, 2011

There is no master, lord or king like the Absolute Love. The lords (baals) of other peoples were unloving and angry. Molech the fire (god) was worshipped by burning alive young children.                 Jer 7:31 "And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire"               Jer 32:35 "They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech."          The Ashteroth were fertility (gods) worshipped by enslaving female and male prostitutes to earn monies for the kings of the land and appeased by young virgins being sacrificed followed by sexual orgies in celebration.      The Absolute Love in contrast delivers from these hideous and enslaving practices.           Jer 32:37-41 "Behold, I will gather them from all the countries to which I drove them in my anger and my wrath and in great indignation. I will bring them back to this place, and I will make them dwell in safety. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul."             Exo 34:6-7 "The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty"      Who are you serving?


No comments:

Post a Comment