Friday, March 9, 2012


Rom 10:19-11:1  "But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says, "I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation; with a foolish nation I will make you angry."  Then Isaiah is so bold as to say, "I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me." But of Israel he says, "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people."  I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin." 

It is not as though we should be surprised by the purposes and plans of God, He has foretold all of this through Isaiah, David and many other witnesses in the Tanakh. He has planned to make a display of His peoples disobedience and the marvelous absolute sovereign grace He bestows. He is Absolute Love. 
The children of Israel are not abandoned, Paul is a child of Israel. All the earliest followers of Jesus were children of Israel. Just as in the time of Elijah God by His amazing grace preserves a remnant within the children of Israel. 


Rom 11:2-5  "God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel?  "Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life." But what is God's reply to him? "I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal." So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace." 

It has always been God's plan to magnify His sovereign grace. All who are saved, are saved by grace through faith.

Rom 11:6-10  "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day."  And David says, "Let their table become a snare and a trap, a stumbling block and a retribution for them; let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see, and bend their backs forever." 

It is not a cutting off of Israel, it is a plan to pass on the riches of God's grace. Grace upon grace He pours out. He is Absolute Love. More gracious than can even be imagined!

Rom 11:11, 12  "So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!" 

The riches of His grace are immeasurable!


Eph 2:4-9  "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,  even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,  not a result of works, so that no one may boast." 






No comments:

Post a Comment